See if you have what it takes to be a global scholar.
If you answer yes to the following questions, the Levermore Global Scholar program may be perfect for you:
- Is contributing to your community a high priority in your life?
- Is connecting to people with diverse backgrounds important to you?
- Do you want college to help you fully understand global impacts on both human life and economy?
- Is a connection with New York City cultural life important to you?
- Do you want to leave college secure in your ability to lead?
Levermore Global Scholars is selective, admitting 30-40 freshmen each year. Here’s what we look for:
- Strong academic performance. The average high school GPA for incoming freshmen in Fall 2013 was 3.80.
- Leadership potential, such as serving as president of a high school club or captain of a team.
- Commitment to service through school organizations such as Key Club, Red Cross or Amnesty International, or community activities with a service component.
- Global awareness, through educating others about global issues or participating in such activities as Model UN or Amnesty International, studying foreign languages or traveling abroad.
Take the first step by completing the online application and marking the box indicating your interest in LGS. In addition to the general admissions requirements, you are encouraged to include a statement about why you would like to join and how you would be a good fit for this program. Include your statement with your application and in addition, email it to email@example.com. If you are identified as a strong candidate for LGS, we’ll contact you to schedule an interview.
» See Adelphi admissions requirements and financial aid and scholarship information
Accepted Adelphi University Students
If you have already been accepted to Adelphi and wish to apply for the Levermore Global Scholars Program, simply send a brief statement explaining why you wish to join and why you believe you will be a good fit for the program. Please send your statement electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact:
Office of University Admissions
p – 800.ADELPHI
» Request Information