Engage local and global communities.
Take classes at Adelphi while undertaking internships at non-profits and public service organizations!
LGS Internships (credit-bearing)
This type of internship requires a good deal of commitment to social justice and enthusiasm for helping others. In order to earn credits, interns must complete an academic project connected to their internship under the supervision of an Adelphi faculty member.
- Contact LGS to discuss your interest in undertaking a credit-bearing internship.
- Identify a faculty supervisor and collaboratively submit LGS internship application, along with your résumé and one letter of recommendation.
- Complete student version of online training to prevent harassment in the workplace and submit certificate of completion prior to start of internship.
- Fill out and sign LGS internship learning agreement; should also be signed by internship supervisor and faculty supervisor within one week after start of internship.
- Record and complete all agreed upon internship hours, duties, and expectations.
- Meet with academic supervisor at Adelphi at least once every two weeks.
- Write final internship essay and/or complete agreed upon research project connected to internship experience.
- Complete internship questionnaire and evaluation form.
- For more information about current opportunities, as well as details about how to set up an internship, please email LGS Administrative Director Peter DeBartolo at email@example.com
Summer Internships (paid)
The Jaggar Community Fellows Program is a competitive, and often life-changing, paid summer internship for non-graduating students (freshmen through graduate students). The program is open to all majors and provides students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the nonprofit sector. Approximately 63 undergraduate and 7 graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool.
» Learn more about the Jaggar Community Fellows Program
Potential Internship Placements
Organizations listed below have expressed an interest in hosting LGS students as interns.
Students are also encouraged to consult databases on their own to explore other community-based internships available in non-profits, public service organizations, and companies on Long Island and in the NYC, such as Adelphi’s PantherZone (includes LGS-specific search), HandsOn Connect or Idealist.